In Office Volunteer / The Americas Regional Program Volunteer
The objective of this role is to provide support to program coordinators to deliver an excellent Earthwatch experience*, which advances mission objectives, makes best use of resources and meets or exceeds customer expectations.
Your focus is to assist on delivering program activities on time, budget and required mission standards, working with your team members to deliver results against the agreed business plan.
Key to this is being an effective team player and working collaboratively with other parts of Earthwatch to achieve results.
*By excellent experience we mean:
- High quality field research which increases knowledge, informs policy and delivers positive environmental impacts
- Transformational learning which enables changes in knowledge, skills or behavior
- Responsibly managed activities, which follow our safety and EMS standards
- Inspiring engagement with staff, scientists, participants and partners that makes them want to belong to the Earthwatch community.
Essential Functions of Position:
- Fielding Participants
- Preparation of participants across assigned programs (public, educator, corporate etc)
- Screening participant forms
- Delivery high quality customer service & participant stewardship
- Applications & Selections
- Work with coordinators to select fellows
- Review fellowship applications
- Data Collection
- Collection of evaluation data
- Provision of program information for Earthwatch publications (to Marketing)
- Enter project, program & participant information into Athena
- Update Measures of Success database
- PI Communications
- Collect field reports
- Collate key project documents
Marginal Functions of Position:
- Schedule internal and external meetings
- Researching travel for staff and for new programs, such as finding hotels and restaurants
- Document formatting
- Initial translation and review of documents
- Maintenance of files and file systems.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Demonstrated flexibility, initiative, resourcefulness, and collaboration
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and abide by the data protection guidelines
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Fluency in any foreign language is a plus
- Exceptional computer skills and a propensity for learning new technology programs: sufficient in MS Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, PowerPoint and Adobe Creative Suite
- Ability to work in a fast paced, collegial environment
- Superb and demonstrated customer service skills
- Self-motivated, ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and work independently
- Knowledge of community and environmental issues.
If you are interested, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.
Service Location: Earthwatch Institute Office, 114 Western Ave., Boston MA 02134
The above functions may be completed with or without accommodations. This description lists the minimum duty requirements. Individuals may be required to perform additional position duties as requested by their supervisor.
Return to top