Development (Fundraising) Internship
||Major Gifts Officer
Earthwatch Institute is an international non-profit organization that engages volunteers worldwide in scientific field research and education to promote the understanding and action necessary for a sustainable environment.
The Earthwatch Development Department offers internship opportunities that can provide you with an outstanding, real-world foundation for a career in fundraising. As an intern, you will gain experience using fundraising tools such as Wealth Engine and a Customer Relationship Management database. You will work with the development team to update and interpret data, formulate reports, and make recommendations on fundraising strategies. Internship opportunities impact a variety of development areas including:
- Annual Giving
- Special Events
- Donor Relations
- Corporate/Foundation Relations
- Prospect/Donor Research
- Online Fundraising
- Management Operations.
This position will be a great fit for a learning-oriented individual who has an entrepreneurial drive and excellent research and communication skills.
- Research biographical and financial information on individuals, foundations and corporations to create research profiles for fundraising priorities
- Work with staff on ways to further engage Earthwatch’s leadership donors
- Make stewardship phone calls to Earthwatch donors
- Create new database records, input/update address information, notes, relationships, and other pertinent information in records as needed
- Troubleshoot and correct database errors and duplications, assist with ongoing projects to update and reconfigure database
- Assist with mailings, filing and other administrative tasks as needed.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- High level of computer proficiency and strong ability to learn new software tools quickly and effectively
- Organized, detail-oriented problem-solver
- Solid time-management and multi-tasking skills needed to meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Interest in environmental sustainability and/or non-profit fundraising a plus
- This internship requires a commitment of 10-25 hours per week for 12-14 weeks, starting in September, with a possible extension. Please specify the time period during which you seek to intern.
Please indicate job title in subject line of email. Send cover letter explaining your interests, what you hope to gain, and what you can contribute during an internship with Earthwatch along with your resume to email@example.com; fax 978-461-0730; mail HR Earthwatch Institute, 114 Western Ave., Boston, MA 02134. Due to limited time and financial resources we are only able to accept applicants who are already eligible to work in the United States. No phone calls please.
Return to top