Corporate Engagement Policy
Earthwatch is an international not-for-profit, non-governmental environmental organisation.
Through its programs and partnerships, Earthwatch:
- supports independent objective scientific field research directed towards achieving a sustainable environment, and
- engages people from diverse countries, cultures and organisations, inspiring them to take responsibility for the environment.
In order to deliver its mission, Earthwatch endeavours to involve all sectors of society. By engaging the business sector we can mobilise the resources necessary to help conserve the environment whilst, at the same time, building corporate participation, awareness and understanding of environmental and social sustainability.
Earthwatch recognises the importance of supporting an independent, objective research and engagement program. We aim to work in partnership with corporations and organisations that are committed to promoting action necessary for a sustainable environment and are therefore aligned with, and support, Earthwatch's mission. We enter into corporate partnerships to deliver programs and activities of mutual benefit that will engage relevant stakeholders and contribute to improved environment and social outcomes.
Earthwatch works with companies that:
- take their environmental responsibilities seriously.
- demonstrate a commitment to improving environmental performance.
- are open to working constructively with Earthwatch to benefit the environment and help achieve our mission.
We evaluate each potential partnership on a case by case basis and do not preclude any sectors or companies from consideration.
In all its partnerships, Earthwatch works actively with its partners to create programs that produce increased environmental awareness and understanding within the company and also advance Earthwatch's mission.
Earthwatch has a long-standing track record of successfully engaging the corporate sector to deliver improved environmental and social outcomes through a range of and on-ground and capacity-building programs. Our partnerships are a key component of our global strategy.