Our mission is to engage people worldwide in scientific field research and education to promote the understanding and action necessary for a sustainable environment.
Earthwatch is an international environmental charity which is committed to conserving the diversity and integrity of life on earth to meet the needs of current and future generations. We work with a wide range of partners, from individuals who work as conservation volunteers on research teams through to corporate partners, governments and institutions.
Earthwatch has a global reach, with offices in Oxford (UK), Boston (USA), Melbourne (Australia) and Tokyo (Japan).
Earthwatch Institute (Europe) is the working name for Conservation Education & Research Trust (CERT), a company limited by guarantee registered in England and Wales (number: 4373313) and a registered charity (number: 1094467). Registered office: Mayfield House, 256 Banbury Road, Oxford, OX2 7DE England.
Who we are:
Earthwatch Institute is a global environmental organisation.
The mission of Earthwatch Institute is to engage people worldwide in scientific field research and education in order to promote the understanding and action necessary for a sustainable environment.
A world in which we live within our means and in balance with nature.
Future decisions regarding the environment must be based on objective science and must engage and empower people and organisations to act responsibly if they are to be sustainable.
The ability to bring together institutions and individuals to understand and inform critical environmental issues by combining world class scientific field research with experiential learning programs that inspire the leadership needed to promote personal and organisational change.
- Inclusive - We believe it is essential that people participate in solving the environmental challenges we face.
- Objective - Independent research is at the core of our work, and its outcomes determine our goals and priorities.
- Passionate - We are passionate about the opportunity we have to make a meaningful impact on people and the planet.
- Empowering - We seek to inspire people, organisations and communities with experiences, knowledge and tools that enable them to take action.
- Responsible - We act in a manner that respects and protects the wellbeing of people and the environment, including our staff, researchers, volunteers and the places we work.