We rigorously peer-review the selection and quality of our projects to ensure that they are of a high scientific standard and that they make a positive contribution to a sustainable environment.
- Our support for research depends on volunteer participation, and our projects aim to maximise the educational benefit and engagement of both volunteers and researchers.
- We acknowledge that we are a guest in communities and environments around the world and work hard to ensure that our projects have positive impacts.
- Our projects provide new experiences and an opportunity to learn from experts in the field to enable volunteers to make a positive contribution to conservation.
- We cannot guarantee a risk-free environment on our field projects but we have health and safety procedures in place to provide as safe an environment for volunteers and researchers as possible.
- We provide volunteers with all the project information required to help them choose the right project for them and to maximise their enjoyment of the experience.
- We work with various partner organisations, including environmental and educational institutions, governments, NGOs and companies to maximise positive educational and conservation outcomes from our projects.