Match the Expedition to Your Students
Unlike most youth travel experiences, Earthwatch Student Expeditions are built around important research projects that are located far from typical tourist spots. That’s why our expeditions are ideal for students who are adventurous, flexible, open-minded, enjoy hard work, and have a thirst for learning.
Expedition participants travel to many parts of the world, and take part in a huge range of activities and opportunities. As you browse our list of available Student Expeditions, consider:
- Cost per student
- Time of year (not all projects are available year round)
- Number of students (team sizes can vary from 6-20)
- Subject of research
- Cost of flights to destinations
- Length of expedition (expeditions are typically one or two weeks)
- Amenities at research site (these range from modern hotels to wilderness camp sites)
Only you know your students, your schedule, and your curricular focus. Whether you travel over school breaks, during the summer, or at some other time, we’ll work with you to design an expedition schedule that works for you.
Explore Student Expeditions
Learn more about the expedition process for teachers and explore all the Earthwatch Student Expeditions.