Earthwatch is seeking volunteers to offer office administration support to our team in the UK.
Volunteers will help with data entry and administration, filing, internet research and general office administration.
Location: Summertown, Oxford
Position Type: Volunteer
Compensation: Expenses paid at £10/day
Background to Earthwatch
Earthwatch Institute is an international, non-profit organisation that engages people worldwide in scientific field research and education to promote the understanding and action necessary for a sustainable environment.
- Opportunity to build your skill set for future employment, or broaden your work experience
- Experience of working in an international conservation NGO, and of how the day-to-day business of a non-profit organisation differs from the corporate world
- You will go through an orientation programme and be assigned a mentor.
What are we looking for?
- Proficiency in SharePoint 2010, to assist in redesigning and developing an existing Team site
- Some familiarity with SharePoint Designer would be useful but not essential
- A volunteer that could work one day per week in the Summertown office for a period of three months (a shorter time period would be acceptable)
- UK/EEA nationals based in the UK.
Interested applicants are welcome to send their details to:
- A current CV, detailing office experience
- A one‐page cover letter
- Information on period of availability and number of days can work per week
- Details of a personal and/or professional reference (these may not be contacted)
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted within two weeks of submitting their application. If you do not receive a response to your application two weeks after submission, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.