Parent Expedition Process
Your teen’s teacher will invite you and your child to informational meetings. There, you can learn about the specific expedition your child’s teacher is planning, including details about where they’ll be staying, what they’ll be doing, and how they’ll be traveling.
While you wait for informational meetings to get underway, you can learn about Earthwatch Student Expeditions by reading:
- Attend information meetings with your child, and ask questions. If any of your questions are unanswered, get in touch with Earthwatch directly or call 1-800-776-0188 for immediate assistance.
- Learn more about the expedition your child signed up for. Many Earthwatch programs have been ongoing for years, so you can read detailed Briefings or Field Reports online. You’ll also receive an up-to-date, expedition-specific brief about 90 days before your child’s trip, with detailed information about every aspect of the expedition.
- Many Earthwatch Expedition researchers have created websites for their projects, and have published in their field. You can also read or watch videos about the area, the animals, and the issues your child will be experiencing first hand.
Print and fill out all required forms, including any health-related forms needed for your child’s expedition. Work through your child’s teacher to plan and pay for travel.
- Work with your child’s teacher and Earthwatch to complete all pre-travel and travel details.
- Help your child pack, and look forward to the stories and pictures they’ll share with you when they return from their unique adventure!