Note: You may need the latest version of Adobe Reader to download these forms.
Download Adobe Acrobat Reader
Please see below for details on the documentation that all volunteers are required to submit to Earthwatch at least 90 days before their Earthwatch expedition start date.
- If completing forms electronically: Save the pdf to your computer before beginning. Use the saved copy to enter your details.
- Please ensure you complete the required Volunteer Forms in full. If you leave fields unfilled or incomplete, we will ask you to resubmit the document in full.
- Due to insurance regulations, the Doctor's Signature Form is required for volunteers who will be age 80+ at the start date of their expedition.
- Volunteers joining a SCUBA expedition must complete the Earthwatch Participation Form: SCUBA which requires the signature of a doctor.
- Earthwatch reserves the right to request the Doctor's Signature Form of any volunteer under certain circumstances.
Please consult this grid to determine which Volunteer Forms are required for your participation and click on the form title to download the pdf document. Your expedition confirmation email will also provide information on which forms you need to complete. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact Earthwatch.
*Due to insurance regulations, the Doctor's Signature Page is required for volunteers who will be age 80+ at the start date of their expedition.
Note: If your confirmation email states you need to complete a Third Party Release Form, this can be found in your Expedition Briefing.
All volunteers must read and agree to:
Participant Rights and Responsibilities Document
If applicable, please also read the following:
SCUBA Diving Standards (for divers only)
SCUBA Guidelines (for divers only; a doctor must read this form when filling out your Earthwatch Participation Form: Scuba)
Water-Based Projects section
The Earthwatch Participation Form for Adults and Teens include a Water-Based Projects Section. It is not required for all projects but is required for many. Please consult your initial confirmation email or Expedition Briefing to find out if you need to complete this section.
This section is split into two parts:
- Comfort Level in Water and Boat Experience
- Snorkel Experience
Some projects require only the Comfort Level in Water and Boat Experience part to be completed. The Snorkel Experience part is only required for projects where snorkeling is involved.
If you are in any doubt as to which Volunteer Forms you need to submit please don't hesitate to contact Earthwatch at firstname.lastname@example.org or toll-free on 1-800-776-0188.
Pay Your Balance
Earthwatch Terms & Conditions
Gear, flights, and more