Earthwatch Safety Policy
At Earthwatch, we are committed to caring for the safety and welfare of all individuals involved in our activities anywhere in the world.
Although risk is an inherent part of the environments in which we work, we believe that through careful risk management and diligent planning all participants can have a rewarding, educational and inspirational Earthwatch experience.
Join us on an Earthwatch expedition and you can expect:
- That thorough risk assessments have been carried out prior to the start of the project
- In-depth information provided to participants in printed Expedition Briefings before fielding, including project conditions and risks associated with the project
- Safe drinking water to be available at all research facilities
- Accommodations that are suitable to the project and research location
- Field staff trained in emergency procedures
- Detailed emergency response plans for each and every project
- Around-the-clock emergency assistance from dedicated Field Management staff
- A trained incident management team