Earthwatch is an international environmental not for profit organisation which engages people worldwide in scientific field research and education to promote the understanding and action necessary for a sustainable environment.
We work with a wide range of partners, from individuals who work as conservation volunteers on research teams through to corporate partners, governments and institutions.
Earthwatch has a global reach, with offices in Delhi (India) Oxford (UK), Boston (USA), Melbourne (Australia) and Tokyo (Japan).
Earthwatch Institute India Trust (Reg no. 2302) is a not-for-profit organisation. Our Registered Office address is: C – 18, Chirag Enclave,
New Delhi – 110 048, India
Who we are
Earthwatch Institute is a global environmental not for profit organisation.
The mission of Earthwatch Institute is to engage people worldwide in scientific field research and education in order to promote the understanding and action necessary for a sustainable environment.
A world in which we live within our means and in balance with nature.
Our Core Belief
Future decisions regarding the environment must be based on objective science and must engage and empower people and organisations to act responsibly if they are to be sustainable.
Our Core Competency
The ability to bring together institutions and individuals to understand and inform critical environmental issues by combining world class scientific field research with experiential learning programs that inspire the leadership needed to promote personal and organisational change.
- Inclusive - We believe it is essential that people participate in solving the environmental challenges we face.
- Objective - Independent research is at the core of our work, and its outcomes determine our goals and priorities.
- Passionate - We are passionate about the opportunity we have to make a meaningful impact on people and the planet.
- Empowering - We seek to inspire people, organisations and communities with experiences, knowledge and tools that enable them to take action.
- Responsible - We act in a manner that respects and protects the wellbeing of people and the environment, including our staff, researchers, volunteers and the places we work.
Contact details and biographies of our India board, trustees and staff
Meet the team...
HSBC Climate Champion conducts research in the forests surrounding the India Regional Climate Center.
Measuring the impacts of climate change in the forests of the Western Ghats.