Matching Gift Program
Many companies offer a Matching Gift Program which allow you to provide an even greater impact by having your gift doubled, or in some instances, tripled, by your employer. Some companies even match the gifts of retirees and spouses as well.
Not sure if your company qualifies? It's worth looking into:
- 33% of employee matching givers will match contributions from retirees
- 14% will match contributions from spouses of eligible employees
- 12% match employee gifts at a ratio of 2/1 or even 3/1
This has an enormous impact on the amount of money Earthwatch is able to use to help fund our work throughout the world. As a direct benefit to you, a matched gift can boost you into a higher giving society. Legally, the company gets the credit for the matching gift, but you would get "soft-credited" for the total amount.
How Does the Matching Gift Process Work? The usual steps include:
- You obtain a matching gift form from your employer's (spouse's employer's) human resources department - many are even available on-line - and fill it out in full.
- You send the form to Earthwatch along with your contribution or after you've made your contribution.
- Earthwatch receives your gift, completes the form, and mails it back to the company.
- The company sends Earthwatch the matching gift and notifies you of the receipt of this gift.
If you are interested in making the most of your support, please take a few moments to submit the necessary paperwork from your company. If you have already submitted a matching gift form to your company for approval, we thank you. We greatly appreciate your help in maximizing your gift to Earthwatch.
Questions? Please contact Caitlin Kattany, Director of Annual Giving at: 978-450-1208 or email@example.com.